Nautilus SMB access to WinXP
I am having a great deal of trouble using Nautilus to access Windows shares on a WinXP system from a Slackware system sitting next to the WIndows box.
Using Slackware v10 with Gnome v2.6 (stock system with Slack updates).
I can see the WinXP box from Nautilus, but when I try to access the machine by double clicking the machine icon I get the following error:
The folder contents could not be displayed.
You do not have the permissions necessary to view the contents of "Windows Network: ..."
What is frustrating me is that:
1) I can access the shares on the Slackware box from Windows.
2) I have set the workgroup name correctly.
3) I have set the smbpasswd correctly.
4) Login names are the same on both systems.
5) I can see the Windows shares with smbclient -L Hostname
6) I can mount a Windows share using smbmount and access the files in the folder with Nautilus.
I just cannot get Nautilus to make the connection to the WinXP system.
I just checked and I CAN access the Windows shares using xffm, so it appears to be a Nautilus issue and not a system or firewall issue.
I am really stuck here. Any ideas, help, or point me to a link that might help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by rje_NC; 02-25-2005 at 03:48 PM.