I recently upgraded my Slackware13.37 server to Slackware14. I used to start my mysql configuration with mysql_install_db script. Unfortunately I cannot run it successfully now. I get this error:
have a look on your /etc/my.cnf
replace '--skip-locking' with 'skip-external-locking'
I have the exact same problem.
There is no such thing, in my freshly installed Slack 14 system, as /etc/my.cnf. In /etc/mysql/, there are a few my- small, medium, huge and so on files though.
ha, yeah, doing the same thing today... trying to get mysql going and get rolling comments on the screen. checked log messages and see a mention of hard drive space. now i look at df -h and see root is 100% used. this is a new server and nothing installed. /usr has ~6 gig used. i just dont see where this space has gone???? but i cant start mysql till i clean this up
root@Slackbox:/# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda2 36G 35G 0 100% /
/dev/sdb1 459G 225G 211G 52% /vol1
/dev/sdc1 459G 47G 390G 11% /vol2
/dev/sdd1 37G 181M 35G 1% /home
/dev/sdd2 77G 281M 72G 1% /myvar
tmpfs 1.5G 0 1.5G 0% /dev/shm
root@Slackbox:/# ls | xargs du -hs
du: cannot access 'proc/2183/task/2183/fd/3': No such file or directory
du: cannot access 'proc/2183/task/2183/fdinfo/3': No such file or directory
du: cannot access 'proc/2183/fd/3': No such file or directory
du: cannot access 'proc/2183/fdinfo/3': No such file or directory
Sorry for the late answer.
My problem was in the old database files in /var/lib/mysql. I didn't really investigate what exactly was the problem for now, I just copied the whole directory to make a backup and deleted the content. (I needed to get it work quickly) After this the script worked fine.
Actually your suggestion willysr bypassed the error but I get another one which said something about mysql.proc error. At this point I was thinking that there is something wrong with the databases (tables) in /var/lib/mysql.
I bet that in upgrade instructions there are some notes about how to get the old databases to work after upgrade. My mistake was in the fact that I expected that these steps - removepkg mysql..., installpkg mysql... - going to remove everything what belongs to mysql. It didn't and it gives sense why not.
Thanks for your answers. Have a nice day.
Yeah, there was a command to upgrade the mysql database manually and i did that, so i never run into that problem. I should have remembered that earlier. Sorry about that, but you can try have a look on the mysql package. I'm not in front of my computer for this week
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.|