As a contribution back to the community:
1) Get the required source packages namely
libnjb - libnjb.sourceforge.net/
libid3tag - http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=12349
gnomad2 - http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=65573
The rest should already be installed via default slackware 10 setup
2) Compile and install in the order as stated above.
3) Important: As stated in the gnomad2 homepage
2004-09-29: Gnomad 2.5.0 is released. Includes several enhancements like WMA tag reading, unicode ID3 tags, memory of last used directory, playlist export and Zen Touch support. You will need the CVS version of libnjb (or libnjb 1.2 when that is released) for this version. Also pay special attention to the fact that we switched ID3 tag reader library from id3lib to libid3tag which is better for us. If you compile id3tag from source, then add this file into /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
(create that directory if it doesn't exist!) most packages of libid3tag will include this file by default.
The file mentioned can be obtained from http://gnomad2.sourceforge.net/id3tag.pc
or created on your own
Description: ID3 tag library
Libs: -L/usr/local/lib -lid3tag -lz
4) for me, my system need to be rebooted for the software to work. (I think is some library linking thingy)
5) Just my two cents, i am a newbie myself