I am running Slackware 10.1, and lately my computer has started to lock up very frequently. I can't remember to have done anything special with the system before the problems started. I was running a self-compiled 2.6.10-kernel (which have been working ok earlier). I have now compiled and installed a 2.6.11-kernel. I was hoping it would fix the problem, but it remained (i used the same configuration-file that i had generated for the 2.6.10-kernel though). I have a ATI Radeon card, and i was using the ATI-drivers. But i have tried with my old xorg.conf file too (which doesn't use the ATI drivers), and my computer will still freeze.
Motherboard: Gigabyte K8NS nForce3 250. With onboard NIC (supported by the forcedeth-driver, but i haven't enabled it because i don't use the card) and onboard soundcard (supported by the AC97-driver). S-ATA controllers: Either NVIDIA or Silicon Image (I'm not certain).
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
RAM: Corsair TWINX1024-3200LL DDR-DIMM 1024MB
NIC: Linksys LNE100TX
Graphics: Powercolor Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB AGP
xorg.conf file generated by fglrxconfig (with ATI-drivers)
xorg.cong file generated by xf86config (my original xorg.conf)
I would really like to fix this.