LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Slackware (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/)
-   -   mumble 1.2 on slackware 13? (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/mumble-1-2-on-slackware-13-a-786216/)

elderhail 02-01-2010 09:28 AM

mumble 1.2 on slackware 13?
 
hi.

who to install mumble 1.2 on slackware 13 i can't install, missing dependencies, tx.

hola żalguien sabe como instalar mumble 1.2 en slackware 13? no encuentro las dependencias, gracias

Peacedog 02-01-2010 08:32 PM

Hi elderhail, Welcome to LQ. You should try the Slack Build from SlackBuilds.org, it's here.
Good luck. ;-)

elderhail 02-04-2010 07:57 AM

yes, I tried but only have mumble v 1.1.4 (works whit 1.1.7) but I net v 2.1 tx

zhjim 02-04-2010 08:18 AM

Just download the prebuild from http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumb....lzma/download

Peacedog 02-04-2010 08:29 PM

You could also try editing the slack build script version string.
Good luck. ;-)

cwwilson721 02-04-2010 08:46 PM

ALL those links are talking of murmur (server), not the client 'mumble', unless it's included...

(EDIT) Just checked. NOPE

eberbm 04-01-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderhail (Post 3848381)
hi.

who to install mumble 1.2 on slackware 13 i can't install, missing dependencies, tx.

hola żalguien sabe como instalar mumble 1.2 en slackware 13? no encuentro las dependencias, gracias

I have same problem. the source is "mumble-1.2.2.tar.gz" but this error appears after using the "make" command

Code:

g++ -c -include release/mumble11x -m64 -pipe -Wfatal-errors -Wshadow -Woverloaded-virtual -Wold-style-cast -Wconversion -Wsign-compare -fvisibility=hidden -Wall -Wextra -I../../speex/include -I../../speexbuild -O2 -I../../speex/include -I../../speexbuild -I/usr/include/alsa -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DRESTRICT=__restrict__ -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DMUMBLE_VERSION_STRING=1.1.8 -DMUMBLE_VERSION=1.1.x -DCOMPAT_CLIENT -DUSE_ALSA -DUSE_OSS -DUSE_DBUS -DUSE_SPEECHD -DNO_UPDATE_CHECK -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/lib64/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/lib64/qt/include/QtCore -I/usr/lib64/qt/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/lib64/qt/include/QtGui -I/usr/lib64/qt/include/QtOpenGL -I/usr/lib64/qt/include/QtXml -I/usr/lib64/qt/include/QtSql -I/usr/lib64/qt/include -I/usr/lib64/qt/include/QtDBus -I.. -I../../speex/include -I../../speex/libspeex -I../../speexbuild -I/usr/lib/oss/include -Irelease -I/usr/include -I. -o release/TextToSpeech_unix.o TextToSpeech_unix.cpp
TextToSpeech_unix.cpp:34:24: error: libspeechd.h: No such file or directory
TextToSpeech_unix.cpp:40: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'SPDConnection' with no type
compilation terminated due to -Wfatal-errors.
make[2]: *** [release/TextToSpeech_unix.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/Downloads/mumble-1.2.2/src/mumble11x'
make[1]: *** [release] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/Downloads/mumble-1.2.2/src/mumble11x'
make: *** [sub-src-mumble11x-make_default-ordered] Error 2


eberbm 04-01-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eberbm (Post 3921117)
I have same problem. the source is "mumble-1.2.2.tar.gz" but this error appears after using the "make" command

Sorry, link to file here

DragonWisard 04-02-2010 03:58 PM

I checked the code out form their repository, when I ran make it stopped with some errors building the documentation, but it built a working binary.

Edit: I just check and it looks like I also did some manual tweaking to a few files to get rid of references to translation files that I don't have on my system. And even then it fails because I don't have 'slice2cpp' (http://packages.debian.org/etch/slice2cpp) but by this point it's produced a 'mumble' binary that seems to work fine.

It looks like Mumble is probably developed on/for Ubuntu. Maybe when I have some more time I'll start a branch that can build cleanly on Slackware and submit that to SBo... but for now I'm making due with my probably-broken-but-apparently-working binary.

eberbm 04-03-2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonWisard (Post 3922184)
I checked the code out form their repository, when I ran make it stopped with some errors building the documentation, but it built a working binary.

Edit: I just check and it looks like I also did some manual tweaking to a few files to get rid of references to translation files that I don't have on my system. And even then it fails because I don't have 'slice2cpp' (http://packages.debian.org/etch/slice2cpp) but by this point it's produced a 'mumble' binary that seems to work fine.

It looks like Mumble is probably developed on/for Ubuntu. Maybe when I have some more time I'll start a branch that can build cleanly on Slackware and submit that to SBo... but for now I'm making due with my probably-broken-but-apparently-working binary.


Great!!! If you have a working binary, maybe exist the form to compile mumble without errors on Slackware 64. Is a very good software to VoIP.

DragonWisard 04-03-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eberbm (Post 3922828)
Great!!! If you have a working binary, maybe exist the form to compile mumble without errors on Slackware 64. Is a very good software to VoIP.

Yes it is excellent software. VoiceChatter compiles on Slackware, but it's not quite as good.

Mumble or Mangler would be the best, but neither of them compile easily on Slackware.


Oddly, all the proprietary clients work just fine.

markomarko 02-27-2011 03:07 PM

i'm sorry for bringing this post up, but i would like to install on slack 13.1 x64 mumble and i don't see solution here...tnx :-)
p.s. if there's some other voip application (besides ekiga) please tell. tnx again

dive 02-27-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markomarko (Post 4273164)
i'm sorry for bringing this post up, but i would like to install on slack 13.1 x64 mumble and i don't see solution here...tnx :-)
p.s. if there's some other voip application (besides ekiga) please tell. tnx again

There is Linphone, but I prefer Ekiga - better contact list etc

chytraeus 02-27-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonWisard (Post 3923079)
Yes it is excellent software. VoiceChatter compiles on Slackware, but it's not quite as good.

Mumble or Mangler would be the best, but neither of them compile easily on Slackware.


Oddly, all the proprietary clients work just fine.

No, Mangler compiles just fine with the slackbuild.
http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.1/network/mangler/

DragonWisard 02-27-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chytraeus (Post 4273252)
No, Mangler compiles just fine with the slackbuild.
http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.1/network/mangler/

Thanks, I'll try that. That slackbuild did't exist (at least not on SBo) back when I was trying to use Mangler, and Mangler had some dependencies that were, at the time, Ubuntu-specific.

Last I checked the Murmur slackbuild is unsupported and Mumble still has some issues compiling on Slackware. I keep thinking about spending some time with their code base to work out all the issue and produce some patches and slacbuilds (and fix some UI issues in their Android client) but at the moment I have too many projects on my plate to find time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.