MD5SUM failed for slackcurrent downloaded from mirrors
I downloaded slackcurrent today, and check it against CHECKSUMS.md5 from another mirror. Some mismatches was found, here is the detail:
md5sum -c CHECKSUMS.md5 2>&1 | grep FAILED
Mirrors sites I used:
2005-03-29 9:30 UTC
Can't confirm it, no. Have you downloaded the md5sums from the Slackware site directly and diffed it? It could mean a bad download or something worse or just a weird glitch. If you've got the tree on your drive, rsync against some other site. If most everything is correct, it shouldn't take long to get the differences.
Thing is, those system maps haven't changed since January 20, AFAIK, and the kernels and whatnot changed with them, of course. So it's not like a slightly out-of-sync mirror or anything.
I check again, it should be a false alert.
Appearently the server returns a error report page to me when I try to download those files (I downloaded them using wget), I just find this out when I try to open it with vim and check what exactly it is.
Thank you very much for looking into this, digiot! I'm really glad my download is in fact valid. I'll go ahead and upgrade my system.
BTW, the md5sum file is identical to that on ftp.slackware.com.
Ah, glad to hear it. Happy upgrading. :)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.|