May I ask here who made this AWS AMI image for slackware?
I need to run slackware under AWS badly? This is the image description: http://thecloudmarket.com/image/ami-...-d-e-f-k-l-n-3
May I ask here who made this and what is the default root password for ssh login?
Thanks a lot.
#slackware on FreeNode
What have you tried?
Did you try no password, as in a normal installation?
Yes I tried with no password, but no luck. I think I need to roll my own Slackware AMI
Thanks for the hints.
I finally solved the problem.
1. Stop the slackware instance in question.
2. unattach the root ebs volume
3. launch a fresh instance using default amazon AMI (with the access key name as amazon.pem here).
4. reattach the slackware root ebs volume to the new amazon as /dev/sdf
5. ssh into the new amazon instance and mount /dev/sdf to /mnt
6. copy the /root/.ssh/authorized_keys to /mnt/root/.ssh/
7. chroot /mnt and run 'passwd root' to reset the root password
8. umount /dev/sdf
9. reattach the slackware root ebs back to previous slackware instance in question as block /dev/sda1
10. Restart the slackware instance in question.
11. ssh -i amazon.pem root@dns_of_slackware_instance_here
All is fine, but weird to find out that an ubuntu kernel is running within slackware territory :).
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.|