SlackwareThis Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
well of course you'll have that, as there's nothing to tell lilo what you want it to display, so you get the default one. "pretty" menus are prety pointless anyway imho, but you'll need something like...
When I say nice menu, I mean, a menu would be nice. All I get is :
LILO 22.2 _
I wasn't prepared for this, since I have installed the same version of lilo at work, using the same methods, and it yields a simple bootmenu. My chap here at home doesn't respond to input at all (thankfully it will boot at timeout).
i was going to mention prompt, but then you implied that the timeout was working, and that only works with the prompt anyway. and also what you had looked an awful lot like a prompt anyway. for the record, mt onf file looks like...
The timeout was working, in a roundabout sort of way. Although my timer was actually "delay" ... it would count down the delay then boot WinXP. In fact for some reason I got a really wierd lilo.conf ... I must have made some mistake somewhere.
Now I have prompt and timeout, and all is well. I used expert install at work (simple install didn't work there because of a fat12 partition on /dev/hda1. I think symantic ghost put that there) and being used to it, tried the same here. The lilo.conf turned out to be very different even using the same distro.
The boxes at work had lilo installed during setup, my box here months later using liloconfig (which I have no doubt is the very same called by setup). Most perplexing. I tried a simple install and found here at home everything was fine; I edited the timeout and it's exactly as I want.
Ah well it was alright on the night. Thanks for your support AK.
PS : I see your problem, it's all them # to the left of your windows entry (whoops !! J/K)