Libre Office conditional formatting error when saving in xlsx format in 14.1
Running the latest and greatest here, thanks to Pat et al. However, having a problem with Libreoffice and conditional formatting.
I have a spreadsheet for work that basically shows peoples rota'd days on, hols, day off etc and normally when altering cell contents, say from being in to day off, I have set conditional formatting which changes the background colour based on cell content.
This works fine when reading and writing the SS in xls format. Unfortunately, our helpdesk have just upgraded to Window$ 8 (I know, bad idea), and the latest MSOffice 2013 and have requested the files in xlsx format.
Not a problem you would have thought, LibreOffice can do that. Except when saving the SS in xlsx format, all the conditional formatting seems to be deleted, which is a bit of a PITA, especially as the master file covers the whole year and is altered as and when to cover workloads, hol requests etc.
So, anyone come across this and found a solution other than suggesting work use LO?
Probably not the best answer, first though are you running the latest LibreOffice? I also updated to 14.1 , but I am running LO 22.214.171.124 and 4.1.3 is out. I don't know whether or not that will solve your issue, but that is one step to try if you are not running that. If however you are running the latest offered by LO - it is still most likely the file itself that is not playing nice - maybe trying saving it as an older xlsx file, but that would most likely just throw other people off. No clear solution on this one, but perhaps the forums at LO might point you in a better direction, then again someone with more insight here hopefully might offer a better clue. :)
Thanks for the reply. As it happens, I am running the latest LO from Eric's build. I'll go with your suggestion though and put this on their forum.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.|