Kmail links open to wrong destination path
(Thread moved here from Software Forum)
I'm using Konqueror 3.1.4 and Kmail 1.5.4 that came with KDE 3.1.4.
I have a stand-alone box with no network or servers running. All I do is connect to the Internet via a dialup modem. I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this out.
I have Kmail setup with the default security settings (no HTML). When I click on a link in an email, instead of opening the URL in Konqueror, it saves it to a destination path like:
Konqueror then will open and display the page, but with the path wrong, none of the links in that page will subsequently open.
How can I change the default path so email links open to something like:
Thanks for your time. Peace!
Well, I managed to make opera open succefully html links from Kmail.
Here it is how (I guess the settings are the same for konqueror too)
Goto Control Center > KDE components > file association. Then in text you will find htm, html. On Application preference order click on konqueror then edit and go to tag "Execute" it should be something like this:
/usr/local/opera/./opera %u -newpage. Make the path appropriate for your case. I hope it will help.
Thank you, stelmed! It was as simple as editing the Execute command to read:
" konqueror %u "
Greece is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. It's been thirty years since I had the pleasure of visiting, but I remember it vividly. Peace! and Happy New Year!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.|