Originally Posted by wildwizard
Then name the package so someone else can check it out and either confirm the problem with the package or if you did something wrong.
Originally Posted by ryerke
I ran into trouble trying to compile the latest amaroK with the build script and the cmake failed saying that phonon* could not be found. It indicated that it was looking for it in /usr/include/ which is the KDE include directory.
Hi I am having trouble compiling Application XXX in Slackware-current and I get an error YYY, does anyone else have this problem or a solution?
I was hoping that the focus would be on the cause of the problem rather than the application that I was working with. It seems that this is not isolated to amaroK and is a problem with the KDE packages in -current or something related to that. Likely CMake itself is built wrong for -current.
I may have failed to mention that I compiled amaroK successfully before moving to KDE 4.3.3 and could not compile the same source
with the same build script
after the upgrade. If I remember correctly, I even compiled amaroK after moving to KDE 4.3.3 but before removing the phonon package that was removed in -current.
Everything else works great in KDE and Slackware 13 in general AFAIK.
I made a phonon simlink in the /usr/include directory to the phonon in the /usr/lib/qt/include directory in order to get it to work. I don't remember the exact error but if you need it, I can remove the simlink and run the build script again to get it.
Thank you for your patience...I don't normally have this much trouble expressing things.