I tried this shortly after I read about them releasing it. Mainly just to see how far along it was. It should be noted I was using the pre-compiled Chrome and not the opensource Chromium. I believe it was a deb and then I used the program deb2tgz
to convert it to a slack install.
After installing many dependencies (although it was on a Slack 12.1 install) I was finally able to start it. It works, but obviously has bugs. I found it to render webpages ok, but not very usable. It was like going back to olden browsers. I was pleased to see that it did start and close quickly, although not as quickly as on my desktop, but my desktop processors operate at 2x the speed and I have dual cores on the desktop, so that could be why.
I was displeased to see that one of the libs I installed conflicted with a lib that was included with mozilla. Unfortunately I don't remember what lib it was, and I uninstalled the lib when I was done testing.