LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Slackware (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/)
-   -   is alien bob's site down? (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/is-alien-bobs-site-down-888326/)

nivieru 06-25-2011 10:56 AM

is alien bob's site down?
 
for a few days now i can't reach it at http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/

repo 06-25-2011 10:57 AM

No problem here.

Kind regards

MS3FGX 06-25-2011 10:59 AM

Working for me, though takes a bit to actually come up.

hitest 06-25-2011 11:06 AM

Working here for me as well.

nlsthzn 06-25-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivieru (Post 4395513)
for a few days now i can't reach it at http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/

Having issues too... apparently there are some routing issues to certain parts of the world (not sure why, just heard on IRC)...


Neil

w1k0 06-26-2011 12:16 PM

In such a case test the website using that link: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Alien Bob 06-26-2011 12:35 PM

The server which hosts my blog (that server is http://cardinal.lizella.net/) also hosts http://sbopkg.org/ , http://slackpkg.org/ , http://rlworkman.net/ , the Slackware Essentials book and a lot more.
That server has been moved to a new co-location facility and there are still some DNS and/or routing issues. Only some parts of the world seem to be affected. Those issues will resolve themselves in due time.

Eric

nivieru 06-27-2011 12:46 PM

yay it's working again :)

saulgoode 06-27-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alien Bob (Post 4396256)
That server has been moved to a new co-location facility and there are still some DNS and/or routing issues. Only some parts of the world seem to be affected. Those issues will resolve themselves in due time.

I notice that the links from your "calendar widget" to their corresponding blog entries (for example, http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/2011/06/26/ for the latest) currently result in a 404 error; though the named links (e.g., http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/watc...wares-browser/) work fine.

As an aside, thank you for all of the valuable information you provide in you web blog.

Alien Bob 06-27-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saulgoode (Post 4397186)
I notice that the links from your "calendar widget" to their corresponding blog entries (for example, http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/2011/06/26/ for the latest) currently result in a 404 error

Yes, that stupid calendar widget has a bug, it starts working magically if you move your viewpoint to a previous year...

Eric


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 PM.