SlackwareThis Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
well, it would seem to me like the issue is IRQ 5 - i think...
what's the (properly functioning) IRQ layout in your windows look like??
i've done some more googling and saw plenty of issues with interrupts (on linux) on the nforce2 boards... seems like it wouldn't hurt to give the "noapic" kernel option a shot... you can put it in the "append" part in your bootloader... if it's lilo make sure to run "lilo" after editing lilo.conf, then reboot and see what happens... the line in question should look like this (of course you might have other options appended):
you could also throw the anti-acpi option in there, although i'm not sure if you're using the bareacpi.i kernel or the bare.i one...
but i'd try with just the noapic option first...
Originally posted by DaWallace it was in quotes the first time.. and whn people say that that's what they mean...
I am also having this problem. Whenever I connect at around 50k, the connection will work great for a minute or two, and then just flatline. When I set it to 38kbps instead, I am able to connect reliably for as long as I want, but, of course, it's slow. I've tried using both KPPP and wvdial. I've tried different init strings, although there's no telling whether I've tried the "right" init string. The modem is a USR 5610B V.92 internal 56k. I'm very interested in finding the solution to this, as I've been dealing with it for quite some time now.