SlackwareThis Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
Added Dustforce, Rochard, Shatter, S.P.A.Z., and Torchlight to the collection. Vessel will join them after it becomes available from the Humble Bundle page. Most of the games come with an installer that can produce a Slackware package (!).
But, I made the SlackBuilds anyway, just for the heck of it :-)
For any of you that use the nvidia proprietary driver... Shatter gave me a headache by keeping segfaulting on me. I removed the driver, reinstalled it; problem solved.
September 26, 2012
- anomaly: minor modification to the script. Nothing important.
- bit.trip.beat: updated to 1.0_5.
- bit.trip.runner: updated to 1.0_3. $GET_LIBS now defaults to "no" (see SlackBuild).
- fieldrunners: updated to 1.0.0_1346296515 (32bit) and 1.0.0_1346776333 (64bit). Added fix for stuttering audio (thanks to the Arch folks).
- jamestown: modified SlackBuild, to remove excess unpacked data, to free-up space in $TMP a bit earlier.
- spacechem: updated to 1.0.12_2 and switched from deb to rpm.
- swordandsworcery: updated to 1.02 (thanks Thraphyx).
- torchlight: updated to 1.15_20120924.
- wizorb: added.
Tested all my SlackBuilds on Slackware 14.0, which is now my gaming platform. Made some changes, the most significant being that the games are now installed in /opt/hib/<game> ("hib" for Humble Indie Bundle). This is the blogpost about the subject.
Recent changelog entries:
October 9, 2012
- atomzombiesmasher: the script now requires the latest update patch (1.94).
- bit.trip.runner, crayonphysicsdeluxe, fieldrunners: removed the part that downloaded additional libraries; they now run fine on Slackware 14.0.
- shadowgrounds: removed a bunch of bundled libraries that prevented the game from running on Slackware 14.0.
- survivor: same as above.
- torchlight: updated to 1.15_20120926.
* All SlackBuilds now include a README file that contains information such as the name of the required game copy, possible dependencies, and other notes.
* All packages are now installed under /opt/hib/<game> instead of /opt/<game>. The reason is that the number of the games is getting bigger and bigger, so it's better to have them in a separate folder. sh launchers remain in /usr/games/.
* All builds have been tested on Slackware 14.0, which is the latest stable release, and the only one that I'll be maintaining the scripts for.
September 29, 2012
- rochard: updated to 1.31.
September 27, 2012
- bit.trip.runner: updated to 1.0_4.
- spirits: updated to 1.0.1_120903.