Well slackware 9.1-beta2 is ready for testing according to the slackware-current changelog, so i thought i would share some steps for easy upgrade to the latest slack-current. I am new to linux also, so please correct me if i have listed anything stupid or wrong
This worked perfectly fine for me, and it should also for you, but there is always the chance that something will go wrong with beta, so thats just a little warning
1. Download the latest swaret from http://swaret.xbone.be/index.php?menu=downloads
2. (as root) installpkg swaret-1.3.0-i386-1.tgz
3. edit /etc/swaret.conf
everything else was fine as default for me, but you may need to change some things for your system, the conf is set out very neatly and is very easy to follow.
4. run this command to check the mirror(s) you have set are working, and to get a list of the latest files:
5. before you run a full update you may need to update a few individual pakages, so run these commands.
swaret --download glibc-solibs -a
swaret --download pkgtools -a
swaret --download bin -a
swaret --download sed -a
then goto your cache dir (/var/swaret/ is default in conf) and run these commands:
5. Now run this command to automaticly download and upgrade your system to slackware-current:
swaret --upgrade -a
6. for more information see http://swaret.xbone.be