Help with my Slackware Project
I'm not entirely new to Linux but I have never done what I'm attempting to do. I'm trying to setup a box with slackware to do the following things:
1) Have the box act as a dns server.
2) Have the box act as a web server.
3) Have the box serve as an SMB server on a network with no domain or workgroup controller. (the box could act as one if need be) If there are possible alternatives for sharing files to windoze boxes on the network, I am open to that.
My questions are:
1) What options should I select during the slackware install for this?
2) What order should I set these up in. I'm assuming dns then smb or httpd.
3) Are there any sites, forums, or threads I should refer to? I have looked at tldp.org and I have found it very helpful and will probably use it as a reference for most of this, just wondering if there are any other places you might suggest.