SlackwareThis Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
... Ok so been using Slack full time for a month or so now and Realy Realy like it. It has presented some challenages but deserves much more credtit then the press give it.
Anyhow I digress!! I have installed Mono. Well at least I thought I did. I used the Bitrock installer for all x86 Linux variants. I initially installed it as a regular user which ran but it installed it in my /home directory. When I tried to launch either Monodoc or Mono Develop it would attempt to open the applications but fail. No message nothing. So I wondered if I should have installed as root which I proceeded to do from the command line (su). This time the installer ran text based within the konsole and installed to /opt/mono. But when I tried to launch Mono Develop or Mono doc same as before.
I followed the install instructions to the t. I applied execute permissions as detailed and have ensured that things like mozilla etc are installed (they are!)
So I'm a bit at a lose. The installer I ran is the Mono-184.108.40.206_0-installer.bin file.
well, it may be true, since my Slackware is basically Slackware 10.1 and i installed GNOME on it, but since i'm using -current tree, i would get all the packages from the latest tree. Perhaps you will need to install some GNOME libs as merchtemeagle said. You can search for it in 10.1 repository or use FreeRock GNOME or any other GNOME provider