LinuxQuestions.org
Register a domain and help support LQ
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2011, 04:26 AM   #1
Martinus2u
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 343

Rep: Reputation: 56
help compiling mesa 7.11


in my quest to solve another one of the neverending i915 issues i set out to compile the latest mesa version.

Having built and installed LLVM (a whooping 31 MB binary package), the standard Slackbuild now gets to this point which confuses me somewhat:

[code9
gmake[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/Mesa-7.11/src/gallium/targets/dri-r300'
gmake[3]: *** No rule to make target `../../../../src/gallium/drivers/r300/libr300.a', needed by `r300_dri.so'. Stop.
[/code]

the object files are there, but apparently no rule to bind them into an archive? Has the make process been tested before??

I worked around it by removing the rX00 drivers from the driver list (surprisingly it still builds the corresponding xorg modules, don't ask), but has anyone got further in building the complete package?
 
Old 08-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
Bindestreck
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2011
Location: Sweden
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 288

Rep: Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinus2u View Post
in my quest to solve another one of the neverending i915 issues i set out to compile the latest mesa version.

Having built and installed LLVM (a whooping 31 MB binary package), the standard Slackbuild now gets to this point which confuses me somewhat:

[code9
gmake[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/Mesa-7.11/src/gallium/targets/dri-r300'
gmake[3]: *** No rule to make target `../../../../src/gallium/drivers/r300/libr300.a', needed by `r300_dri.so'. Stop.
[/code]

the object files are there, but apparently no rule to bind them into an archive? Has the make process been tested before??

I worked around it by removing the rX00 drivers from the driver list (surprisingly it still builds the corresponding xorg modules, don't ask), but has anyone got further in building the complete package?

Hi,

I have also i965 card. I did success to compile with this command:

./configure --prefix/usr --with-dri-drivers=i965
make
trackinstall make install

then install the Slackware package.


*EDIT: Ah, sorry, didnt see you have i915. However, I think you could have i915 instead of i965 in configure option.

Last edited by Bindestreck; 08-20-2011 at 11:05 AM.
 
Old 08-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
Martinus2u
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 343

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 56
yes, thanks, that's essentially what I'm doing by reducing the driver list in the Slackbuild script.
 
Old 08-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
Bindestreck
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2011
Location: Sweden
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 288

Rep: Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinus2u View Post
yes, thanks, that's essentially what I'm doing by reducing the driver list in the Slackbuild script.
So, what is the problem? Why do you need to build all drivers?
 
Old 08-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
Martinus2u
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 343

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXpander_ View Post
So, what is the problem? Why do you need to build all drivers?
well. i found a way to make it work for my hardware. so the autist inside me is happy. but the world citizen inside me is aware that this is not a replacement for the slackware package shipped with the distribution. so, my internal team is in conflict. that's all, really. ;-)
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Compiling mesa from git rvdboom Slackware 7 09-01-2010 10:53 AM
compiling mesa (opengl) shegay18 Programming 2 07-12-2005 03:08 AM
mesa, glut and compiling opengl adhara Programming 3 05-08-2004 05:14 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration