Hey guys. I've just finished setting up Slackware 14 again to the way i like it. I cloned it to a different partition so i could tinker, and after some upgrades of certain packages from 14.1, i learnt something. The issue i am having is being caused by the kernel. I confirmed this by installing Slackware 14.1 again, and then downgrading the kernel to 3.2.* from Slackware 14. After downgrading the kernel packages, i could
connect to the internet on Slackware 14.1.
This is great news to me. One step closer to pinpointing the bug. I am not sure exactly which kernel package is responsible for this issue, but once i discovered this, i googled around, and found the following.
The link refers to the bug i'm suffering and the publisher of the article has even made a patch for the 3.8 kernel. I am yet to check out the patch, but tomorrow i'll have a better look, and hopefully it will be compatible with 3.10.*