Originally Posted by ryerke
So I decided to not be lazy for a bit and downloaded the gentoo patch in post #6. I had to add the filter_pp.c section from the original patch (from the slackbuild) and it not only compiled but it works. What I don't understand is why I needed that extra patching and others didn't. Is it possible that different hardware could cause this?
Anyway, if anyone is having the same trouble I had, get the gentoo patch for ffmpeg 0.11 above and copy the bit that starts "diff -Naur transcode..." down to the next diff line from the original patch into the gentoo patch, rename the gentoo patch (or edit slackbuild to include it and not the original) and run the slackbuild. If you have a multilib system, be sure to edit the slackbuild to add the LDFLAGS line from post #4.
Hope that helps
Oh, BTW this is build against ffmpeg from slackbuilds.org . You can test transcode with the following:
transcode -y ffmpeg -F mpeg4 -i <some video file to be transcoded>
I did exactly what you described here with this patch from Gentoo and filters.pp code from the original patch, but there is an error: *** glibc detected *** transcode: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x00007f793bc80be2 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
======= Memory map: ========
The 'Memory map' is a long list of libs with the final message 'Aborted', uploaded at http://pastebin.ca/2291968
Couple of years ago I used precompiled transcode in Debian (original Debian, not a derivative) to split an .avi file into video .m2v and audio .ac3 in order to put them back together into the .mpg which will be used for DVD authoring. There were no any problems.
I'd like to do the same again with an option "--export_asr 2" for 4:3 as I used to back then, but the original transcode from slackbuilds with only Wiesinger's patch didn't work, and now it doesn't work just in a different way. The same for .mp4 files in your suggested line above.
GUI applications I found not to be really up to the task; I found no way for export_asr 2 in HandBrake for .mpg, and Bombono-dvd totally lacks the option for setting a full screen.
Oh, yes, I did compile transcode against all suggested libs on Slackbuilds's transcode
page. All dependencies taken from Slackbuilds and compiled successfully. Please suggest something. Thank you.