Has anyone got Bluetooth headset to work under Slackware 14
I am trying to get my bluetooth (Motorola H375) headset to work under Slackware 14 (64 bit) on my thinkpad w530.
I run xfce and the bluetooth device manager that comes with xfce.
I can pair the headset with the adapter.
hcitool ouput shows:-
aplay -D btheadset <some random mp3 file>
all I get is a high-pitched hum through the headset.
if I try to switch the headset to slave role using hcitool I get:-
I must add that this headset used to work fine under 13.37 (32 bit) on my old t61.
It exhibits the same (broken) behaviour under Slackware 14 (64 bit)on the t61.
My "/etc/asound.conf" is
try with some .wav file
Does anyone have any more in depth info on this?
Did you have to do anything else to get it to work?
I'm getting the same trouble with only a horrid noise coming out of my headset. Using both methods listed above.
I believe I've found the issue. The headset is meant for voice only so it can only send/recieve at 8000 Hz. Anything higher results in that awful noise spewing through the headset. Try this:
For reference all I needed to do was add the commented section from /etc/alsa/bluetooth.conf into /etc/asound.conf , I did not need to edit bluetooth.conf
I use blueman-manager to pair and connect to my headset.
Make sure Enable=Socket is set in /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf
in a console do
arecord -D bluetooth test.wav and sing into the headset mic. It should default to 8000Hz but you can set -r 8000 if you want.
aplay -D bluetooth test.wav and you should hear your wonderful singing.
I hope that solves it for you, however disappointing. To get better quality audio you'd need a non-phone headset.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.|