When upgrading,I use slackpkg and followed the "IMPORTANT: Upgrading from 11.0 should be done in this order:" section on ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackwar..._AND_HINTS.TXT
IMPORTANT: Upgrading from 11.0 should be done in this order:
1. Install a 2.6.18+ kernel (if you are using the default 2.4 kernel from
Slackware 11.0) - there are kernel packages available in the A series
that should work fine. Note that the generic* kernels will require
an initrd, so you should probably choose one of the huge* kernels
At this point, use "installpkg" to install the kernel rather than
"upgradepkg" so that you will still have a working kernel if the new one
doesn't boot. If you were not already running a 2.6 kernel, you will
need to reboot before doing anything else.
2. After successfully booting the new 2.6 kernel, you may now remove the
kernel-ide and kernel-modules-2.4.* packages.
3. Go into single user mode (runlevel 1) with "telinit 1"
4. Upgrade the a/glibc-solibs package.
5. Upgrade the a/pkgtools and a/sed packages.
6. Remove all of the x/ series packages ( cd /var/log/packages ;
removepkg x11-* fontconfig* dejavu-ttf* ttf-indic-fonts* ).
7. Upgrade the aaa_base package - this MUST be done before the next step.
Just yesterday night I upgraded one box from 11.0 to current,everything was OK.
But just now I upgrade slackware 11.0 to current running on my ThinkPad T23 laptop,something puzzled me.
I have a kernel-2.6.21 compiled from source,and I directly started from step 3,when I was upgrading sed package,slackpkg told me that "No packages match the pattern for upgrade",but yesterday I didn't got this message.Then I checked the version of sed on my box and it was sed-4.1.5.i486-1,and I checked the sed package on ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackwar...t/slackware/a/
, fait...the version is also sed-4.1.5.i486-1.And I checked the attribute of sed package both on "ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-11.0
/slackware/a/" and "ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-current
Then I continued upgrading,when I was upgrading the aaa_base package,slackpkg worked abnormal.
There must be something wrong.