Originally Posted by tommcd
Thanks, I made a note of your chrome slackbuild page for future reference.
I just upgraded to the google chrome beta using the slackbuild from slackbuilds.org:
Using that slackbuild has worked well for me so far. I am running Slackware 13 64bit.
Could you elaborate on that please? Which slackbuilds did you try? And how did they break your system? Have you tried the one from slackbuilds.org?
Could you elaborate on this as well?
I think (was some time ago now) I tried one found in a topic here, and then another from slacky. (Note that I adapted both to make a x86_64 package). Both changed permissions in such a way that I had to reinstall aaa_base to get a functional system again. Seeing that I immediately removed chrome's packages, I was just curious. One day I got curious enough to write my own and motivated long enough to make it work.
I didn't know that slackbuild.org had one, missed that somehow, so my advice now would be to use that one as I'm a happy user of SBo and sbopkg when they have what I need. The .SlackBuild in my repository are only the ones I couldn't find or that I modified.
EDIT: Why I don't use it anymore:
& the fact that it doesn't really satisfy me. For me it lacks polished extensions and the address-bar completion is not as good as firefox's and I use it a lot so it was inconvenient as I had to think before typing something I expected to auto-complete which defeat auto-completion's purpose...
I'm back to firefox (3.6b4)