From the Slackware 14 changelog:
Thu Oct 3 02:57:44 UTC 2013
Upgraded to nss-3.15.2 and nspr-4.10.1.
This should help keep Google Chrome updates working for a while.
Also, adding /lib and /usr/lib (or /lib64 and /usr/lib64) to the
top of /etc/ld.so.conf will help Chrome use the correct libraries
instead of the ones from Seamonkey.
Thanks Pat. I just tested and indeed it is possible to run Google Chrome (without seamonkey or seamonkey-solibs installed) again.
P.S. I also tried leaving seamonkey-solibs and tweaking /etc/ld.so.conf as per the suggestion, which (as expected) works just fine as well.