Been a while since rsync stalled on me but today that happened. As I increased the verbosity and set a timeout, today I saw the following output:
[receiver] io timeout after 60 seconds -- exiting
rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(140) [receiver=3.0.9]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (645 bytes received so far) [generator]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(605) [generator=3.0.9]
The script stalled when updating gwenview 4.10.3 in Current. In this case I was using the oregon state server.
The confusing thing is the script works for a while without errors or warnings and then one day pukes. The rsync web site
addresses some of these issues but I'm not seeing anything obvious. The web site lists the following as possible causes:
* The destination disk is full (remember that you need at least the size of the largest file that needs to be updated available in free disk space for the transfer to succeed).
* An idle connection caused a router or remote-shell server to close the connection.
* A network error caused the connection to be dropped.
* The remote rsync executable wasn't found.
* Your remote-shell setup isn't working right or isn't "clean" (i.e. it is sending spurious text to rsync).
The only two that seem to apply in my case are the second and third reasons.
I'm going to try changing --delete to --delete-during as suggested at the rsync web site and use a different server.
Otherwise, any ideas?