Firefox default fonts will not display on webpages
Recently I was creating an image in GIMP when I needed to add a new font. I went to my mounted XP drive and copied the file I wanted over into /usr/X11R6/share/fonts/TTF then I went to the font installer as root and installed the font system wide. After that I reloaded GIMP and the font was available. A little while later I went to browse the internet and when I loaded up firefox, it showed a properly formatted and spaced page with no text on it at all. If I highlighted a line, the invisible text would copy to the clipboard properly and I could read it that way. I figured it might've been a just a FF issue, but when I loaded up Seamonkey, I wound up with the same problem. I'm using Firefox 3.0.16 and Seamonkey 2.0.1. I tried going into the preferences and changing the default font, but no matter what I change it to, it doesn't fix it. Slack 1.2 running kernel 220.127.116.11-smp. I use slapt-get to stay up to date and as far as I can tell i have the latest patches and pkgs.
Any idea what I can do, or where I should look? I tried searching the mozilla forums first but I couldn't find an answer. Since I am certain this is a Linux configuration issue, I figured it would be best to post here.
MS fonts will often trash Firefox ( Seamonkey ), it seems.
Suggest : Delete alien fonts = MS , anywhere in /usr/****
And clear the "fonts cache" or whatever stores the information.
Gimp has a fonts/ directory for extras :
Which takes care, that the fonts are invisible for other app's.
Sweeeeeeeet! Thanks for the advice.
I went through /usr/X11R6/share/fonts/TTF and compared the modification dates and times to the ones from XP. Then I deleted the matches (It took like one minute). Then I ran fc-cache again and everything is back to normal.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.|