LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Slackware (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/)
-   -   Firefox 3.5.6 Upgrade (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/firefox-3-5-6-upgrade-776387/)

~sHyLoCk~ 12-17-2009 07:27 AM

Firefox 3.5.6 Upgrade
 
Anyone built the latest release?

Here's the source: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or.../3.5.6/source/

Security Fixes: http://www.mozilla.org/security/know...l#firefox3.5.6

I'm currently downloading the source and will build and report back how it goes.

Regards

~sHyLoCk~ 12-17-2009 08:51 AM

Done :D

JokerBoy 12-17-2009 09:27 AM

you forget pycairo

# ls /var/log/packages | grep cairo
cairo-1.8.6-x86_64-3
pycairo-1.8.4-x86_64-3

:)

~sHyLoCk~ 12-17-2009 09:31 AM

It's working without pycairo upgrade so I didn't notice.
EDIT: Updated with pycairo info. Thanks JokerBoy.

Regards

JokerBoy 12-17-2009 10:15 AM

no, i thank you :p

mats_b_tegner 12-17-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~sHyLoCk~ (Post 3795352)
Done :D

Are the SlackBuild scripts inside the packages? Do I have to explodepkg <package name> to find the scripts?

Regards,
Mats

vince4amy 12-17-2009 05:52 PM

I'll give it a try when it's in the current tree. I should think it will be in a few days.

Alien Bob 12-17-2009 06:36 PM

It's a matter of looking good actually... latest public update "Thu Dec 17 20:51:37 UTC 2009" contains the new firefox but it has not hit all mirrors yet apparently.

Eric

~sHyLoCk~ 12-17-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mats_b_tegner (Post 3795934)
Are the SlackBuild scripts inside the packages? Do I have to explodepkg <package name> to find the scripts?

Regards,
Mats

Hi,
Just edited the 3.5.5 Slackbuilds and built the 3.5.6 package using the new source. cairo needed upgrading as well.

Regards

~sHyLoCk~ 12-17-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alien Bob (Post 3795981)
It's a matter of looking good actually... latest public update "Thu Dec 17 20:51:37 UTC 2009" contains the new firefox but it has not hit all mirrors yet apparently.

Eric

As Eric pointed out, you can get it from -current. Here is a mirror that has it.

Regards

Josh000 12-18-2009 12:28 AM

Just to clarify, firefox is unable to update itself and I should get later slack packages?

~sHyLoCk~ 12-18-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh000 (Post 3796244)
Just to clarify, firefox is unable to update itself and I should get later slack packages?

Hi,

No firefox won't update itself. You can either wait for the packages to hit in the mirror you selected and get it by using slackpkg, or download the slackbuild and compile and upgrade yourself.

Regards

vince4amy 12-18-2009 04:11 AM

Just booted into Slack. Firefox 3.5.6 is now in the current tree and so is KDE 4.3.4 so I'm upgrading it right now :)

Toods 12-18-2009 05:00 AM

From 'Current Changeelog':
Quote:

l/cairo-1.8.8-i486-1.txz: Upgraded.
Firefox 3.5.6 requires a new cairo to fix a bug on Windows. :-/
Can someone explain this to me please?. Does it mean a bug on MS Windows?. If so, why the upgrade on Linux?.

Bill.

Josh000 12-18-2009 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~sHyLoCk~ (Post 3796253)
Hi,

No firefox won't update itself. You can either wait for the packages to hit in the mirror you selected and get it by using slackpkg, or download the slackbuild and compile and upgrade yourself.

Regards

Hmm.

Firefox still has the update options in preferences. Is the functionality not there to match?

Would this never work? Why could it not?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.