This morning I used the partition magic to create an logical partition on my hd for slackware 8.1. Installation went smoothly. At first I was having problem with the usb mouse, even though the mouse work perfectly under text mode with gpm. After searching this forum, I found a previous post that offered a fixe to the exact same problem that I had. Aparently, XFree86 4.2.0 's configuration program XFree86 uses "auto" as default "protocol" for the mouse. It does not work with usb mouse; once I changed it to "ImPS/2". It works! Then, I decided to download the nvidia's driver from their website. After spending the whole afternoon configurating the driver, I finally have it running properly. Whew! man! I can't believe what I see; the driver outperform its own window cousin.
! I just hope they will release a version for FreeBSD! Thank you Nvidia, Slackware and XFree86.