LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Slackware (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/)
-   -   Errors when compiling Thunderbird 11.0.1 under -current (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/errors-when-compiling-thunderbird-11-0-1-under-current-937068/)

mats_b_tegner 03-29-2012 07:14 AM

Errors when compiling Thunderbird 11.0.1 under -current
 
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to compile Thunderbird 11.0.1 under -current using 11.0's SlackBuild-script, but the compiler halts with the following errors:
non_thread_safe.cc
c++ -o non_thread_safe.o -c -I../../dist/stl_wrappers -I../../dist/system_wrappe rs -include ../../config/gcc_hidden.h -DMOZILLA_INTERNAL_API -D_IMPL_NS_COM -DEX PORT_XPT_API -DEXPORT_XPTC_API -D_IMPL_NS_GFX -D_IMPL_NS_WIDGET -DIMPL_XREAPI -D IMPL_NS_NET -DIMPL_THEBES -DSTATIC_EXPORTABLE_JS_API -DMOZ_THUNDERBIRD=1 -DOSTY PE=\"Linux3.2\" -DOSARCH=Linux -DEXCLUDE_SKIA_DEPENDENCIES -DOS_LINUX=1 -DOS_PO SIX=1 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../../ipc/chromium/src -I../../ipc/glue -I../../ipc/ipd l/_ipdlheaders -I./src/third_party/libevent -I./src/third_party/libevent/linux -I. -I. -I../../dist/include -I../../dist/include/nsprpub -I/tmp/comm-release/m ozilla/dist/include/nspr -I/tmp/comm-release/mozilla/dist/include/nss -fPIC -frtti -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-ctor-dtor-privac y -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wcast-align -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-variadic-macros -Werror=return-type -O -fPIC -fno-exceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -std=gnu++0x - pthread -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -pipe -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -g -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/u sr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/i nclude/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/inc lude/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng14 -I/usr/include/gtk-unix-print-2.0 -Os - freorder-blocks -fomit-frame-pointer -DMOZILLA_CLIENT -include ../../mozilla- config.h -MD -MF .deps/non_thread_safe.pp /tmp/comm-release/mozilla/ipc/chromium /src/base/non_thread_safe.cc
make[5]: *** [file_util.o] Error 1
make[5]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[5]: Leaving directory `/tmp/comm-release/mozilla/ipc/chromium'
make[4]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/tmp/comm-release/mozilla/ipc'
make[3]: *** [libs_tier_platform] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/comm-release/mozilla'
make[2]: *** [tier_platform] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/comm-release/mozilla'
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/comm-release/mozilla'
make: *** [default] Error 2

Has anyone been able to compile 11.0.1? Is there some configuration that needs to be changed?

Regards,
Mats

WhiteWolf1776 03-29-2012 07:24 AM

Thuderbird is part of stock Slackware. What you are experiencing is likely why it hasn't been uploaded to -current yet... the build changed a little and it takes time to work out the process.

Give it a few days and I'm sure a shiny new Thunderbird will show up on the mirrors.

Seriously, the fast release cycle Mozilla has taken is just making more work for everyone to keep up with.

mats_b_tegner 03-29-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWolf1776 (Post 4639623)
Firefox is part of stock Slackware. What you are experiencing is likely why it hasn't been uploaded to -current yet... the build changed a little and it takes time to work out the process.

Give it a few days and I'm sure a shiny new Firefox will show up on the mirrors.

Seriously, the fast release cycle Firefox has taken is just making more work for everyone to keep up with.

When you say Firefox, you mean Thunderbird right?

WhiteWolf1776 03-29-2012 07:50 AM

yea, lack of caffeine... ugh... coffee....

mats_b_tegner 03-29-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWolf1776 (Post 4639623)

Seriously, the fast release cycle Mozilla has taken is just making more work for everyone to keep up with.

True, I really don't see the point of fast release cycles.

onebuck 03-29-2012 08:43 AM

Member response
 
Hi,
Quote:

I'm trying to compile Thunderbird 11.0.1 under -current using 11.0's SlackBuild-script,
Which script? From: mozilla-thunderbird/

Modified or original?

Alien Bob 03-29-2012 09:25 AM

I am building packages for seamonkey firefox and thunderbird myself for a (still private) ARM port, and needed to hunt down patches for several gcc 4.7 related compilation issues, like the one above.

I have a seamonkey 2.8 package compiled on bleeding edge -current now. I applied the same patches to firefox and that is still compiling but looks promising. Those patches are probably required on thunderbird too.

Eric

mats_b_tegner 03-29-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onebuck (Post 4639683)
Hi,
Which script? From: mozilla-thunderbird/
Modified or original?

Yes. Original, no modifications.

mats_b_tegner 03-30-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alien Bob (Post 4639725)
I am building packages for seamonkey firefox and thunderbird myself for a (still private) ARM port, and needed to hunt down patches for several gcc 4.7 related compilation issues, like the one above.

I have a seamonkey 2.8 package compiled on bleeding edge -current now. I applied the same patches to firefox and that is still compiling but looks promising. Those patches are probably required on thunderbird too.

Eric

Where can I find these patches?

Mats

Alien Bob 03-30-2012 01:25 PM

You can't. I do not keep them in a public place.

Eric

mats_b_tegner 03-30-2012 01:37 PM

Ok, I guess I'll have to wait until Pat patches the Thunderbird package in -current

mats_b_tegner 04-03-2012 04:33 PM

I've found this LFS patch today:
http://www.at.linuxfromscratch.org/p...cc-4.7-1.patch

I'm going to try and compile again...still errors...will investigate further. Thunderbird will compile if you disable crashreporter, but I've yet to figure out how to compile with crashreporter enabled.

Alien Bob 04-04-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mats_b_tegner (Post 4643983)
I've found this LFS patch today:
http://www.at.linuxfromscratch.org/p...cc-4.7-1.patch

I'm going to try and compile again...still errors...will investigate further. Thunderbird will compile if you disable crashreporter, but I've yet to figure out how to compile with crashreporter enabled.

These are the three patches which I needed to build searmonkey and firefox. Did not try thunderbird but since they all share the same codebase, the patches will probably fix your issue.


Eric

Edit: damn, I can't upload from here, keep getting "invalid file".
Edit2: this is a public URL for a ZIP containing the 3 patches: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2329942/mozilla_patches.zip

mats_b_tegner 04-04-2012 08:48 AM

With both LFS and Eric's patches applied the compiler still halts when building crashreporter. I will try again with only Eric's...same result...hmm I think the problem lies within Google Breakpad but I'm not sure...

hitest 04-04-2012 01:26 PM

T Bird 11.0.1 is on the mirrors now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.