I validated that the current hplip was for the printer (HP 1009 jxx series). That one over printed all pages after the first one. I exchanged the printer with HP and after they lied to me about including the cables that also failed likewise. I wrote a script to get around it (aka kludge). Then I gave up and tried the hpijs. The overprinting went away!! Then it started giving me backend problems which were not worth my time to fix. I went to Epson XP200. Now I have to get sane/xsane to work with the scanner because their scanner stuff does nothing but sit there and hum. Recently I had the joyous discovery that it too overprints pages when documents are over 1 page. I tried ctrl-V,L insertion into the document but that resulted similarly. Since it too uses CUPS I am beginning to think the problem is there.
Last edited by waddles; 08-20-2013 at 11:30 PM.