Originally posted by wartstew
For example I've been using Slack 8.1's Galeon and KDE3's Konquerquer for web browsing for well over a day now without either of them crashing, or otherwise getting confused somewhere. This was never the case before with any Linux OS. In fact, so far all the software I've tried has worked very well except for the Xfree86 configuration programs which were terrible!
Okay, here is an update on day 3: I did get Konquerquer confused and stuck on a form a couple of times and also crashed it two other times. I've discovered that KSpread always crashes when you tamper with precision setting in the format-cell window. Galeon has been great so far except some quirky behavior navigating your file system from the "save" screen while attempting to preserve the original filename. Both Abiword and Kwrite mostly destroy the formating of an MS Word document that has any complexity, but can handle simple stuff okay. MPG321 has been substituted for MPG123 and segfaults after playing anything (on my system anyway). Finally those cool root window fantasy pictures have disappeared from e-term & enlighenment WM.
Still, I really like my new Slackware system.