LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #46
ryanpcmcquen
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2013
Distribution: FreeSlack
Posts: 368

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mats_b_tegner View Post
Thanks!

https://github.com/ryanpcmcquen/slac....12_%26_1.15.2
 
Old 10-08-2015, 07:49 PM   #47
MadMaverick9
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2010
Location: Here
Distribution: Slackware 14.0
Posts: 255
Blog Entries: 3

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
https://phab.enlightenment.org/phame...19_12_release/
Quote:
completely remove all wayland support from build system
 
Old 10-09-2015, 07:13 AM   #48
mats_b_tegner
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2009
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Distribution: Slackware64
Posts: 402

Rep: Reputation: 185Reputation: 185
Full Wayland support is included in E20 alpha, so why don't you test that if you need Wayland support?
https://phab.enlightenment.org/phame...alpha_release/
 
Old 10-23-2015, 03:49 PM   #49
mats_b_tegner
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2009
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Distribution: Slackware64
Posts: 402

Rep: Reputation: 185Reputation: 185
Enlightenment DR 0.20.0-beta Release

E20-beta announced today:
https://phab.enlightenment.org/phame..._beta_release/
http://download.enlightenment.org/re....0-beta.tar.gz
http://download.enlightenment.org/re....0-beta.tar.xz
EFL and Friends 1.16.0-beta2:
https://phab.enlightenment.org/phame...1_16_0_beta_2/
http://download.enlightenment.org/re...0-beta2.tar.gz
http://download.enlightenment.org/re...0-beta2.tar.gz
http://download.enlightenment.org/re...0-beta2.tar.gz
http://download.enlightenment.org/re...0-beta2.tar.gz

E20 requires EFL v1.15.2 for X11 compositor and Wayland compositor requires EFL v1.16.0.

Last edited by mats_b_tegner; 10-24-2015 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Added EFL & Friends tarballs
 
Old 10-25-2015, 08:56 PM   #50
Wed
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2005
Location: Sweden
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 169

Rep: Reputation: 28
On a whim, I installed e17 from Slackbuilds.org. Then I found this thread, and decided to try it. It ran very well for a long time but bailed.

I don't understand much of it and don't know how much is needed to make sense of the error. So I grabbed a bit of the end:

Code:
ecore_evas_wm_rotation_manual_rotation_done_set(sd->ee, set);
    ^
elm_win.c: In function '_elm_win_wm_manual_rotation_done_get':
elm_win.c:4832:4: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ecore_evas_wm_rotation_manual_rotation_done_get' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    return ecore_evas_wm_rotation_manual_rotation_done_get(sd->ee);
    ^
elm_win.c: In function '_elm_win_wm_manual_rotation_done_manual':
elm_win.c:4839:4: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ecore_evas_wm_rotation_manual_rotation_done' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    ecore_evas_wm_rotation_manual_rotation_done(sd->ee);
    ^
elm_win.c: In function '_elm_win_keygrab_set':
elm_win.c:5179:9: error: unknown type name 'Ecore_X_Win_Keygrab_Mode'
         Ecore_X_Win_Keygrab_Mode x_grab_mode;
         ^
elm_win.c:5183:28: error: 'ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_SHARED' undeclared (first use in this function)
              x_grab_mode = ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_SHARED;
                            ^
elm_win.c:5186:28: error: 'ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_TOPMOST' undeclared (first use in this function)
              x_grab_mode = ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_TOPMOST;
                            ^
elm_win.c:5189:28: error: 'ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_EXCLUSIVE' undeclared (first use in this function)
              x_grab_mode = ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_EXCLUSIVE;
                            ^
elm_win.c:5192:28: error: 'ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_OVERRIDE_EXCLUSIVE' undeclared (first use in this function)
              x_grab_mode = ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_OVERRIDE_EXCLUSIVE;
                            ^
elm_win.c:5197:10: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ecore_x_window_keygrab_set' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
          ret = ecore_x_window_keygrab_set(sd->x.xwin, key, 0, 0, 0, x_grab_mode);
          ^
elm_win.c: In function '_elm_win_keygrab_unset':
elm_win.c:5210:6: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ecore_x_window_keygrab_unset' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
      ret = ecore_x_window_keygrab_unset(sd->x.xwin, key, 0, 0);
      ^
make[4]: *** [libelementary_la-elm_win.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/tmp/sEL-build/elementary-1.15.2/src/lib'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/sEL-build/elementary-1.15.2/src/lib'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/sEL-build/elementary-1.15.2/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/sEL-build/elementary-1.15.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2
bash-4.2#
Am I missing something, or did I find a bug?
 
Old 10-25-2015, 09:10 PM   #51
ryanpcmcquen
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2013
Distribution: FreeSlack
Posts: 368

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wed View Post
On a whim, I installed e17 from Slackbuilds.org. Then I found this thread, and decided to try it. It ran very well for a long time but bailed.

I don't understand much of it and don't know how much is needed to make sense of the error. So I grabbed a bit of the end:

Code:
ecore_evas_wm_rotation_manual_rotation_done_set(sd->ee, set);
    ^
elm_win.c: In function '_elm_win_wm_manual_rotation_done_get':
elm_win.c:4832:4: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ecore_evas_wm_rotation_manual_rotation_done_get' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    return ecore_evas_wm_rotation_manual_rotation_done_get(sd->ee);
    ^
elm_win.c: In function '_elm_win_wm_manual_rotation_done_manual':
elm_win.c:4839:4: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ecore_evas_wm_rotation_manual_rotation_done' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    ecore_evas_wm_rotation_manual_rotation_done(sd->ee);
    ^
elm_win.c: In function '_elm_win_keygrab_set':
elm_win.c:5179:9: error: unknown type name 'Ecore_X_Win_Keygrab_Mode'
         Ecore_X_Win_Keygrab_Mode x_grab_mode;
         ^
elm_win.c:5183:28: error: 'ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_SHARED' undeclared (first use in this function)
              x_grab_mode = ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_SHARED;
                            ^
elm_win.c:5186:28: error: 'ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_TOPMOST' undeclared (first use in this function)
              x_grab_mode = ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_TOPMOST;
                            ^
elm_win.c:5189:28: error: 'ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_EXCLUSIVE' undeclared (first use in this function)
              x_grab_mode = ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_EXCLUSIVE;
                            ^
elm_win.c:5192:28: error: 'ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_OVERRIDE_EXCLUSIVE' undeclared (first use in this function)
              x_grab_mode = ECORE_X_WIN_KEYGRAB_OVERRIDE_EXCLUSIVE;
                            ^
elm_win.c:5197:10: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ecore_x_window_keygrab_set' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
          ret = ecore_x_window_keygrab_set(sd->x.xwin, key, 0, 0, 0, x_grab_mode);
          ^
elm_win.c: In function '_elm_win_keygrab_unset':
elm_win.c:5210:6: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ecore_x_window_keygrab_unset' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
      ret = ecore_x_window_keygrab_unset(sd->x.xwin, key, 0, 0);
      ^
make[4]: *** [libelementary_la-elm_win.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/tmp/sEL-build/elementary-1.15.2/src/lib'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/sEL-build/elementary-1.15.2/src/lib'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/sEL-build/elementary-1.15.2/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/sEL-build/elementary-1.15.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2
bash-4.2#
Am I missing something, or did I find a bug?

Are you on current or stable?
 
Old 10-25-2015, 09:14 PM   #52
Wed
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2005
Location: Sweden
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 169

Rep: Reputation: 28
I am on stable. 14.1.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:17 PM   #53
ryanpcmcquen
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2013
Distribution: FreeSlack
Posts: 368

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wed View Post
I am on stable. 14.1.
https://github.com/ryanpcmcquen/slac...-me.sh#L46-L48

Uncomment those lines.
 
Old 10-25-2015, 10:59 PM   #54
Wed
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2005
Location: Sweden
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 169

Rep: Reputation: 28
Sorry, but it seemed to fail at precisely the same point again.
 
Old 10-25-2015, 11:10 PM   #55
ryanpcmcquen
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2013
Distribution: FreeSlack
Posts: 368

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wed View Post
Sorry, but it seemed to fail at precisely the same point again.
Are all of these installed?

Please post the output of:
Code:
ls /var/log/packages | egrep -i "lua|luajit|bullet|libwebp|orc|gstreamer1|gst1-plugins-base"
Also, are you on a full install?
 
Old 10-25-2015, 11:17 PM   #56
Wed
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2005
Location: Sweden
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 169

Rep: Reputation: 28
I think I have had to install some of them as deps for earlier packages.

Code:
# ls /var/log/packages | egrep -i "lua|luajit|bullet|libwebp|orc|gstreamer1|gst1-plugins-base"
bullet-2.83.5-x86_64-1_SBo
gst1-plugins-base-1.4.5-x86_64-1_SBo
gstreamer1-1.4.5-x86_64-1_SBo
libwebp-0.4.3-x86_64-1_SBo
lua-5.1.5-x86_64-1_SBo
luajit-2.0.3-x86_64-2_SBo
orc-0.4.23-x86_64-1_SBo
 
Old 10-25-2015, 11:18 PM   #57
ryanpcmcquen
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2013
Distribution: FreeSlack
Posts: 368

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wed View Post
I think I have had to install some of them as deps for earlier packages.

Code:
# ls /var/log/packages | egrep -i "lua|luajit|bullet|libwebp|orc|gstreamer1|gst1-plugins-base"
bullet-2.83.5-x86_64-1_SBo
gst1-plugins-base-1.4.5-x86_64-1_SBo
gstreamer1-1.4.5-x86_64-1_SBo
libwebp-0.4.3-x86_64-1_SBo
lua-5.1.5-x86_64-1_SBo
luajit-2.0.3-x86_64-2_SBo
orc-0.4.23-x86_64-1_SBo
Thanks, are you on a full install?
 
Old 10-25-2015, 11:21 PM   #58
Wed
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2005
Location: Sweden
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 169

Rep: Reputation: 28
Yes. Apart from KDE of course.
 
Old 10-25-2015, 11:36 PM   #59
ryanpcmcquen
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2013
Distribution: FreeSlack
Posts: 368

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wed View Post
Yes. Apart from KDE of course.
So not a full install, that could be the issue.
 
Old 10-25-2015, 11:38 PM   #60
Wed
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2005
Location: Sweden
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 169

Rep: Reputation: 28
I will make do with e17 then. Thanks for the great effort though!
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enlightenment E19 To Have Full Wayland Support jeremy Linux - News 0 03-19-2014 03:08 PM
LXer: Bodhi Linux 3.0.0 Alpha Release - Give E19 a try LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 03-03-2014 12:51 AM
LXer: Enlightenment E19 Going Into Feature Freeze Soon LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 02-01-2014 06:00 PM
LXer: Enlightenment E19 Can Act As A Wayland Compositor LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 08-25-2013 03:11 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration