SlackwareThis Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I seem to remember when trying to set up the microcode that i had two different documents explaining how to do it.. each contradicting the other slightly...
Did you follow any particular documents in order to get it working..
I've gotta reinstall slackware 8.1 from a pukka Cd tonight (after discovering my previous CD had a bad checksum) If I get round to setting up the hw+ i'll post some more details about where i got stuck...
First I did ./configure && make && make install in the main dxr3 directory to get the tools installed, then I installed the modules and made the device entries. Last of all I tested the module options untill I got the tv out working.
If you do ./configure && make && make install in /em8300-0.12.0 it will install em8300init, which is really microcode_upload.pl renamed and installed into /usr/bin along with the microcode and some other tools.
Thats about what I said
Mine is happily sharing an IRQ with my usb controllers ATM, I had time outs when it was sharing with my NIC and sound card. Don't try it with your video card though. You might need to have a play around in the bios as well untill you find the magic setup.