Originally Posted by gawain
I've got a pc with ubuntu running on it. Now I'd like to install Slackware along with it so I can have a dual boot.
Just asking for a specific tutorial, if someone knows any. Thanks. I know it's plenty of "how-to", but I can't get any which is specific to my case.
Thanks a lot
Although not a complete how-to...I'll give you a quick run-down.
1. Backup your data...just in case.
2. Make some room for slackware to fit in on your hard drive if you don't have room already.
3. Install slackware, skip the lilo installation (comes near the end of installation).
4. At this point, you'll have slackware installed but won't see a grub entry.
5. Boot up ubuntu, make an entry to boot slackware and reboot.
Typical slackware grub menu option would be
Obviously, you'll have to replace X & Y above with appropriate device and partition number.