I have a fonts phobia so need some information.
I found the following location for fiddling with fonts with the XFCE window manager:
Menu>Settings>"System Settings">"System Administration">"Font Installer"
What I want to know:
1) how do I assign a font to Personal group when none exists in that category?
2) as a user if I use Group Personal will the font selected apply to my "System Terminal", System, Terminal, Konsole, or Xwindowj or all of these?
Where else, if at any, will the selected font be used?
3) am I allowed only 1 font at a time to use?
If not how to I select the font I want to use?
4) can I change fonts while creating text then switch fonts and expect that the text written to that point will remain and not switch to the newly selected font?
5) When I enter Personal it appears I can select more than one font. Is that correct?
6) How do I change back to the font I set up after using another ont?
a fonts directory of your own at /home/you/.fonts. Go to that directory and
create a scale and dir record:
directory, use xorg.conf to define the path of that font:
available; or you may force reload X :
You can login.
to control the font.
Use the /home/you/.Xresources file. If you have not you can
create your own and fix font by:
xterm*font: Font\ 10 (size of font)
Hope that helps.
Had U have followed my query and the directions to the XFCE font installer, U would not have wondered what was meant by "Personal Font" group. Hence, I presume U are probably not using XFCE window manager.
I none the less appreciate the effort U went 2 2 create your explanation to manually set up X-fonts.
I am under the impression that the Font Installer obviates much of the process U gave and keeps the details at bay since I expect to be using multiple fonts for a document I need to be able to quickly move between them.
Still thanks, hopefully someone familiar with it can address my 6 points directly.
FYI, XFCE doesn't have a font installer, maybe it's KDE settings overflowing into your menus.
Narz is possibly correct. On my Slackware machine using XFCE the path you gave exists not at all. The closest is "Applications Menu->Settings->KDE System Settings->System Administration->Font Management" which still isn't what you posted.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 PM.|