3 non-related questions
I have 3 problems that I just can't fix. I've been trying to solve my problems for quite some time but nothing I try seem to work so now I'm desperately searching for answers. Here are my problems :
1. I can't get my mouse wheel to work. I have a logitech dual optical mouse. It has the basic 2 button, a wheel and a thumb button. Here is my X86Config :
2. I can't get alsa working in kernel 2.6.1. It install fine but if I try to play a sound (lets say a mp3 in xmms) I get the folloying error :
The installation went fine, except for the modprobe thing a the end (modprobe snd-emu10k1;modprobe snd-pcm-oss;modprobe snd-mixer-oss;modprobe snd-seq-oss)
Here's what i get :
bash-2.05b# modprobe snd-emu10k1;modprobe snd-pcm-oss;modprobe snd-mixer-oss;modprobe snd-seq-oss
FATAL: Module snd_emu10k1 already in kernel.
WARNING: Error inserting snd_mixer_oss (/lib/modules/2.6.1/kernel/sound/acore/oss/snd-mixer-oss.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
FATAL: Error inserting snd_pcm_oss (/lib/modules/2.6.1/kernel/sound/acore/oss/snd-pcm-oss.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
FATAL: Error inserting snd_mixer_oss (/lib/modules/2.6.1/kernel/sound/acore/oss/snd-mixer-oss.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
WARNING: Error inserting snd_seq (/lib/modules/2.6.1/kernel/sound/acore/seq/snd-seq.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
WARNING: Error inserting snd_seq_midi_event (/lib/modules/2.6.1/kernel/sound/acore/seq/snd-seq-midi-event.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
FATAL: Error inserting snd_seq_oss (/lib/modules/2.6.1/kernel/sound/acore/seq/oss/snd-seq-oss.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
3. I can't print even though I succesfully printed a test page using apsfilter.
Those screenshots might help:
during the apsfilter setup : http://fetards.tripod.com/linux/apsfilter1.html
after trying to print : http://fetards.tripod.com/linux/apsfilter2.html
Any help for any or all my problems would be greatly appreciated.
1. I can't open the link that you give but I bet you have wrong driver. Edit your XF86config mouse section to be like this
3. What version of slackware you are using? If you have a 9.1 check your /dev/lp,lpr. Do a quick "ls -lah /dev/lp*" and you'll see that all of them are soft link point to lprng tools. I use cups so I just relink them to my cups command eg lp->lp-cups and so on....
Thanks for replying but I still have some problems.
1. Well that was excactly what the was in my XF86Config file. The problem was that my mouse was defined twice. Well anyway, now it works.
3. I don't really understand. If I do ls -lah /dev/lp*, I get this :
bash-2.05b$ ls -lah /dev/lp*
crw-rw---- 1 root lp 6, 0 Apr 27 1995 /dev/lp0
crw-rw---- 1 root lp 6, 1 Apr 27 1995 /dev/lp1
crw-rw---- 1 root lp 6, 2 Apr 27 1995 /dev/lp2
I don't see any symbolyc links...
And for my second question, Anybody else has any ideas ??
Question #2: Do as the error says :D : run dmesg and post the relevant bits here.
what the hell....
now my sound works perfectly.... For weeks I've been trying to fix my problem but it just fixed by itself....
Well that's great. Only 1 problme left !
Doing dmesg might help for my printer problem.
Those are the errors that I have noticed :
request_module: failed /sbin/modprobe -- parport_lowlevel. error = 256
lp: driver loaded but no devices found
request_module: failed /sbin/modprobe -- sound-slot-0. error = 256
request_module: failed /sbin/modprobe -- sound-slot-1. error = 256
request_module: failed /sbin/modprobe -- snd-seq-oss. error = 256
I noticed your config file has 2 keyboard and mouse sections. The mouse section that looks "correct" is "Mouse" (at the bottom). But in the ServerLayout section, "Mouse1" is apparently being used (except, of course, the number of buttons should be 5 and ZAxisMapping "4 5" as noted above).
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.|