I'll tag an observation to this if I may. I had a USB stick which opened my encrypted LVM with a longish keyfile (about 1kB alphanumeric) on 14.0 but the same keyfile now fails to open it after a fresh 14.1 install onto the same LVM. I then luksAddKey'd a short key (2 alphanumerics) by hand and that's what I'm typing when I boot at the moment, I've not gone back yet to see what went wrong.
mkinitrd -c -k 3.10.17 -m ext4 twofish -f ext4 -r /dev/zvg/root2 -C /dev/sda3 -l uk -L -K LABEL=SANDISK:/gorilla/zoostorm.luks -w 5
That's the same mkinitrd as I used on 14.0 except for the kernel version. The USB stick's unchanged.
If there is a key length issue then I'm in the right thread. If it isn't then I've no suggestion to diarmuidmcd beyond a mistrust of arcane characters in a password if the uk keyboard is inadvertently not declared at some stage.
eta: No, not a password length issue for me - I found http://blog.tpa.me.uk/2013/11/11/sla...yboard-issues/
and changed my mkinitrd to:
mkinitrd -c -k 3.10.17 -m ext4::jbd2:mbcache:ehci-pci:ehci-hcd:xhci-hcd:uhci-hcd
hci-hcd:usbhid:hid_generic:hid:twofish -f ext4 -r /dev/zvg/root2 -C /dev/sda3 -l uk -L -K LABEL=SANDISK:/gorilla/zoostorm.luks -w 5
and my USB keyfile is now opening LUKS as it did on 14.0. I'm sure I can trim plenty from that string of modules.