LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
ungua

Distribution: OpenSuSe (SuSe 10.1), Win XP Pro

Rep: Reputation: 30
internet installation opensuse

i want to install opensuse / suse 10.0 this weekend. i downloaded both the live-installation .iso and the five other files and burned them, the static installation only in case there occurs some trouble while installing. but i want to try the internet-installation first. unfortunately, i see a problem coming with that:
Quote:
# Make a record of the IP address and directory path of the mirror's installation repository.
(...)
# Point the YaST installer to the installation repository
i did not record the ip and origin of the .iso-file. today i saw that i don't even know, how to see the ip-address of the download location and by clicking on the link, it only tells me the opensuse-servers address (isn't it redirected?). can't i just try it with some known addresses that i may expect to work?

thank you for any help!

regards
ungua

Old 12-06-2005, 05:15 PM   #2
LinuxTiger
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
Hi Unga,
I hope you got your Suse 10.0 Linux installed thru the Internet option.

I didn't see any replies to your question so just in case you have not got an answer yet:

I was having the same concern earlier i.e. how would I know the IP address for the OpenSUSE source?

Then through Google, I found the following link which if you look through the article, it gives you the IP address and PATH to use. As I write Susie Linux 10.0 is loading the installation system (slowly!).

Regards,
Joe

Old 12-06-2005, 05:17 PM   #3
LinuxTiger
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
Dang, I forgot to give you the URL

madpenguin.org/cms/html/47/5382.htm