LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Red Hat
User Name
Password
Red Hat This forum is for the discussion of Red Hat Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2005, 10:52 AM   #1
gizet
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
Problem with AIT2 ATAPI drive in Red Hat

Ok now forgive me as I am new to Linux, completely new but I like what I see so far... I have Red Hat 4.0 enterprise on a new HP proliant server. It's all set up and running like a dream but for some reason my AIT2 ATAPI drive does not seem to be installed correctly. When I go to the (forgive me for calling the menus by the wrong name but the machine is not in front of me) disk utilities menu my AIT drive is not shown as a mount point. It isn't there at all. When I go to the system devices it is there and is recognized as a Sony AIT drive but in the window below the driver is unknown and so is the make/model of the drive??? It seems as if the driver has not been installed and so it isn't recognixed correctly. It spins up when booting and has power but I just can't access it. Has anybody got any idea as to why? Thank you in advance for your help...

Regards