LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2005, 10:44 PM   #1
bigeric
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
Postfix features on FC3

Dear all,

I have the following requirements on Postfix email server on FC3, could you advise whether they are feasible and can you pass me the information(configuration) url ? thx

(1) Automatically forward the email to another user for both outgoing/incoming email(eg: email from/to a sales member must have a copy forwarded to sales manager)
(2) Automatically forward a copy of every email to system administrator (eg: system administrator will have a copy for every email)
(3) Automatically forward a copy of email by field in the header (eg: select by keyword in subject, or by sender)
(4) Daily report on email usage (eg: top 10 email sender or receiver), any tools ?
(5) Email routing. Email can be routed to another email server for some users. Those users will check email on that email server.

thx

Eric

Old 05-16-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
bethslave
LQ Newbie

Procmail can easily handle most of what you need and is included with the FC3 distribution. For item #4, no tools immediately come to mind, but an analysis of the procmail log [assuming a global procmailrc file] and maillog via script would do the trick.

Procmail can be a little difficult to begin with, but is well worth your time and is an invaluable tool.

A Google search will provide thousands of example procmail recipies, and don't forget 'man procmail' as a starting point.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:29 PM   #3
cormander

Distribution: Fedora & CentOS

Rep: Reputation: 15
Postfix V2.1 supports a "sender_bcc_maps" function which is a lookup table of sender addresses. If the sender address matches, the right hand side of the lookup table will be added as a BCC to the e-mail. So effectively, you could add each user you wanted to log mail for, in the left hand side of the table. In the right hand side of the table you would list the admin e-mail address you want to send the BCC'ed mail to, so for example:

In /etc/postfix/main.cf add:

sender_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_bcc

Then edit or create /etc/postfix/sender_bcc in the following format:

locuser1@vitdomain1.com admin@adminsdomain.com
locuser2@vitdomain2.com admin@adminsdomain.com

and run "postmap /etc/postfix/sender_bcc" and "posfix reload".

Basically any mail sent through postfix, with an sender address of locuser1@vitdomain1.com or locuser2@vitdomain2.com would also be BCC'ed to admin@adminsdomain.com.

Just FYI, you can do this based on recipient addresses to, with a similar format table using the "recipient_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_bcc" in /etc/postfix/main.cf

Last edited by cormander; 05-16-2005 at 07:30 PM.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #4
tbeehler

Distribution: Mainly RH 9.0

Rep: Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormander
Postfix V2.1 supports a "sender_bcc_maps" function which is a lookup table of sender addresses. If the sender address matches, the right hand side of the lookup table will be added as a BCC to the e-mail. So effectively, you could add each user you wanted to log mail for, in the left hand side of the table. In the right hand side of the table you would list the admin e-mail address you want to send the BCC'ed mail to, so for example:

In /etc/postfix/main.cf add:

sender_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_bcc

Then edit or create /etc/postfix/sender_bcc in the following format:

locuser1@vitdomain1.com admin@adminsdomain.com
locuser2@vitdomain2.com admin@adminsdomain.com

and run "postmap /etc/postfix/sender_bcc" and "posfix reload".

Basically any mail sent through postfix, with an sender address of locuser1@vitdomain1.com or locuser2@vitdomain2.com would also be BCC'ed to admin@adminsdomain.com.

Just FYI, you can do this based on recipient addresses to, with a similar format table using the "recipient_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_bcc" in /etc/postfix/main.cf

One thing that I think you should add is that for this to work (at least for me), I had to also run the commands: "postmap /etc/postfix/recipient_bcc" and "postfix reload".

Once I did those, everything worked perfectly. Thanks for the info!

Old 02-10-2011, 01:54 AM   #5
thusithathik
LQ Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeehler View Post
One thing that I think you should add is that for this to work (at least for me), I had to also run the commands: "postmap /etc/postfix/recipient_bcc" and "postfix reload".

Once I did those, everything worked perfectly. Thanks for the info!
Dear All,
is any possibility to add 2 bcc mail address in sender_bcc.

Please let me know..

thanks...
Thusitha..
thusitha@mfsl.lk