LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions
User Name
Password
Linux - Distributions This forum is for Distribution specific questions.
Red Hat, Slackware, Debian, Novell, LFS, Mandriva, Ubuntu, Fedora - the list goes on and on... Note: An (*) indicates there is no official participation from that distribution here at LQ.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2005, 10:20 PM   #1
Johnsernickle

Rep: Reputation: 15
Overclockix Custom CD

Hey, im trying to make a custom boot cd for a folding farm a friend and i are putting together. We have 5 identical computers, all with cd-rom drives and no HDDs. I wanted to get overclockix working on them so that whenever they booted they started working on my team, so there would be no reconfiguring every time the power goes out. I read the file on the CD on how to do this, but i cant get it to work. Ive already wasted 6 CDs. It says to extract the CD to a directory, edit the cfg file and then rebuild the ISO and burn it. Every time i do that the disk boots but it says there is a checksum error. I deleted the extra lines like the document says and everything. Oh yeah, i was wondering if i could make the CD boot into run level 3 by defualt too, so as to conserve the most CPU power. If anyone has any ideas of what im doing wrong idd love it. Thanks alot,

Petes

Old 05-19-2005, 02:31 AM   #2
teek

Distribution: Arch (at the moment)

Rep: Reputation: 16
Sounds like a corrupt iso, did you md5sum it after download? (man md5sum!) Maybe al it takes is to download it again.

Good luck.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:33 AM   #3
eternallySecure
LQ Newbie

Distribution: FreeBSD, Fedora Core 3

I don't have an answer, but I do have a tip: If you use a rewritable cd you won't have any wasted disks. Does the unmodified ISO boot? If it doesn't it's a bad ISO; Otherwise, I doubt it would be.

If hope you figure it out.
--RF

Old 06-01-2005, 10:52 AM   #4
Johnsernickle

Original Poster
Haha, Thanks, i dont have any CD-RW's though. I was using a windows machine for modifying the ISO, and i dont know how to check the md5sum in windows. The CD boots, but always says theres a checksum error. Im gonna try and re-download the ISO and see what happens. Thanks,

Petes

Yeah the CD is fine, passed the md5sum. I extracted the CD and edited the file, but i dont know how to put it back together again. im trying to use mkisofs but its really confusing! does anyone know how to use it? Thanks!

Last edited by Johnsernickle; 06-02-2005 at 10:15 PM.