LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > LinuxQuestions.org > LQ Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password
LQ Suggestions & Feedback Do you have a suggestion for this site or an idea that will make the site better? This forum is for you.
PLEASE READ THIS FORUM - Information and status updates will also be posted here.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2005, 11:12 AM   #1
atom

Distribution: archlinux

Rep: Reputation: 31
[thread control suggestion] add a "solved" button that the thread starter can click

Today, I succesfully solved my problem with the help of a fellow LQ member. After I solved it, I modified the topic of the 1st post for it to read "[solved] threadname". To my surprise this did not reflect on the index of topics.

Don't you think it would be better if an indication that the trouble is solved could be added to the index? It would certainly save a lot of time of those that only come here to answer questions, and it would help users to see where they can find solved solutions to their problems. For a tech-support forum like this one this would hit the nail on the head.

Hope to see the button soon

Gasper

Old 03-24-2005, 11:42 AM   #2
slightcrazed

Distribution: RH 8.0, 9.0, FC2 - 4, Slack 9.0 - 10.2, Knoppix 3.4 - 4.0, LFS,

Rep: Reputation: 30
I really like this idea. It is frustrating as a user to come here looking for a solution only to find after diving through a 50 post thread that the problem was never fixed. Something like the above suggestion could be worked into the search engine, with the 'solved' items being given precedence over the 'unsolved' ones.

Of course, getting the users to actually use this might be a bit tough, but I think it would be worth a shot.

slight

Old 03-24-2005, 11:47 AM   #3
atom

Distribution: archlinux

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 31
um... what was the "answered" button I just clicked?

Seriously... I don't know what it was. Anyone care to explain?

Last edited by atom; 03-24-2005 at 11:50 AM.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:55 AM   #4
jeremy
root

Distribution: Debian, Red Hat, Slackware, Fedora, Ubuntu

Rep: Reputation: 4083Reputation: 4083Reputation: 4083Reputation: 4083Reputation: 4083Reputation: 4083Reputation: 4083Reputation: 4083Reputation: 4083Reputation: 4083Reputation: 4083
Please do a search on this - it has been asked and answered *many* times before. Thanks.

--jeremy