LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2004, 03:18 AM   #1
HriBB
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
konqueror displaying raw html. no khtml embedding

Hi i'm a

I use suse 9.0 (dualboot winxp). @root i messed with konqueror configuration (file associations) and now knoqueror wont display web pages at all. at first it displayed only raw html text but now (after a few hours of unsuccessfull trying to fix it) it asks me if i want to save or open web page. if i open it i get the error:

"There appears to be a configuration error. You have associated Konqueror with text/html, but it can't handle this file type."

if thought... ok i'll search this forum and hopefully find a solution. so i found out that KHTML needs to be on top of the list in embedded tag in text/html. but KHTML is not there. it's missing, gone, dissappeared...
freeweb.siol.net/bhriber4/khtml.jpg (this is the pic. just put the h t m l : / / infront cuz it wont let me post html because of the 5-post rule )
this's weird because KHTML is only missing @root. other users have it in the embedding list and konqueror works. i use firefox @root now but i prefer konq...

ps: when the KHTML problem began i also got these messages when i booted to root:
"missing mime type application/octet-stream" or sth like that
so i created application/octet-stream and the errors are gone. but now there's a lot of apps crashes

please help

Old 06-21-2004, 09:16 AM   #2
HriBB
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
well... i found a solution
and here it is (for those who might have similar problem):

copy broken files xxx.desktop from "/opt/kde3/share/services" to "/root/.kde/share/services"
then run: "kbuildsycoca --noincremental" to rebuild cache.