LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - General > LinuxAnswers Discussion
User Name
Password
LinuxAnswers Discussion This forum is to discuss articles posted to LinuxAnswers.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2007, 06:43 PM   #1
paragkalra

Distribution: Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat, Fedora, SLES, OpenSUSE, FreeBSD, Mac OS X

Rep: Reputation: 31
Making GMail Work With the Linux Email Client Evolution

A new la entry has been added:

Making GMail Work With the Linux Email Client Evolution

Quote:
We all use the GMail email service. Its a Google way of describing emails. Its an excellent service, no arguments on that. Also, we all use MICROSOFT OUTLOOK. Again a good email client software made by MICROSOFT. But what if you are a LINUX USER, What to Do? Solution is pretty simple, USE EVOLUTION. EVOLUTION IS LINUX'S answer to MICROSOFT'S OUTLOOK. But can GMAIL BE INTERGRATED WITH EVOLUTION. Of course it can be, read below.

First of all for all those who don't know how to make GMAIL WORK WITH OUTLOOK, follow this excellent online official GMAIL documentation.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
MS3FGX
LQ Guru

Distribution: Slackware, Debian

Rep: Reputation: 361Reputation: 361Reputation: 361Reputation: 361
I am a bit confused by this article.

The random capitalizations aside, half way though the document you start referring to Sendmail, which of course is not even a email client at all. I guess you got it mixed up with Evolution?

Also, I would question the claim that Evolution is "Linux's answer to Outlook". If anything, it is GNOME's answer to Outlook. There are many different mail clients that run on Linux; and while I don't have any hard numbers, I am fairly sure that Evolution isn't even the most popular.

Last edited by MS3FGX; 02-18-2007 at 07:58 PM.