LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > LinuxQuestions.org > LinuxQuestions.org Member Intro
User Name
Password
LinuxQuestions.org Member Intro New to LinuxQuestions.org? Been a long time member but never made a post? Introduce yourself here.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2006, 12:47 PM   #1
heberrdacruz
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Fedora 11

Rep: Reputation: 15
Hello from Brazil

I am a physics professor who is in charge of our departmental network (Physics Institute, Alagoas [this a Brazilian state] Federal University). This happened because I like to do it and there was no one else to do it. For this reason, although I have been using computers before Linux even existed, I consider myself a beginner. We use RedHat 9 which I am upgrading to FC5. I am also a complete newbie on forums.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:53 PM   #2
Mega Man X
LQ Guru

Distribution: Ubuntu, FreeBSD, Solaris, DSL

Rep: Reputation: 65
Wow, another Brazilian member to this forum. This is great. Welcome to LQ.org heberrdacruz. I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do. It really is a great place to learn a lot not only about Linux, but also other operating systems and even hardware/software. There're plenty of valuable members here always saving me from one trouble or another that I get myself into ^_^.

Anyway... tenha um bom dia meu amigo. Boa sorte no trabalho, Redhat ainda é uma das minhas distribuicoes favoritas

Old 07-20-2006, 01:20 PM   #3
marozsas

Distribution: SuSE, RHEL, Fedora, Ubuntu

Rep: Reputation: 68
Welcome Hebert !

I hope you can learn as much I did in these months I am here, and upgrade yourself to an expert

Hey Mega_Man_X, how many are we here ? There is some way to get this number ? Do you have any numbers at all ?

see'ya,

Last edited by marozsas; 07-20-2006 at 01:25 PM.

Old 07-20-2006, 02:30 PM   #4
Mega Man X
LQ Guru

Hello marozsas!

Very good question. I'd also like to know that. I highly doubt we will ever know for sure how many Brazilians are in this forum, most likely because , we are free to write whatever we want on our profiles. Some write the State first (as you) and some don't write anything at all or some writes strange things (like me). That would make hard to know for sure the amount of users. Also, there are many active and inactive users, like users that register but never post, etc.

Maybe jeremy may take an interest in this and change the profile to be filled as a requirement (but not necessary to be displayed) and that would be actually pretty cool to know Linux users around the World searching/using this forum...

Hmmmmm... I ratter post this on the Website Suggestions forums I think

Old 07-20-2006, 02:46 PM   #5
Mega Man X
LQ Guru

Here are some Brazilians that said "hi" in this site:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...earchid=588960