LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software > Linux - Kernel
User Name
Password
Linux - Kernel This forum is for all discussion relating to the Linux kernel.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2006, 06:04 AM   #1
maxiguzman
LQ Newbie

Distribution: mandrake 10.0

Rep: Reputation: 0
Sagem 800 adsl modem with Eagle-Usb drivers

Hi people,
I am completely new in Linux interiors and so I apologize for my possible simple questions.

I use Mandrake 10.0 and I am trying to make a Sagem 800 ADSL modem connecting with INet.

After serching google (under WinXP, sorry) I found some info about the problem solved for Ubuntu.

I discharged the modem driver and uncompress it in a directory of my /home, then I kept on with

sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r)

for installing the headers according the kernel running (I really do not know what the hell is that, but it sounds well...)

PROBLEM: I got "broken pipe" after push enter, and nothing else could be done.

Please, help. I am desperated.

Maxi.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #2
berbae

Distribution: Arch Linux

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Hi
You must install the kernel sources of your running kernel to have the eagle driver to compile. As I don't use the Mandrake distribution, you will have to search for infos about the way to do that.
But what is your kernel current version ? Because with the last kernel versions, you have to use the ueagle-atm module instead of the eagle-usb driver.
If your kernel version is before 2.6.15, you may go ahead with the eagle-usb 2.3.2 driver.