LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - General > LinuxAnswers Discussion
User Name
Password
LinuxAnswers Discussion This forum is to discuss articles posted to LinuxAnswers.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2006, 01:52 PM   #1
NoUse4ANick
LQ Newbie

Distribution: SUSE 10.0, will try others later =)

Rep: Reputation: 15
DISCUSSION: Bluetooth on a Dell 600m laptop

This thread is to discuss the article titled:
Bluetooth on a Dell 600m laptop

Quote:
Everyone that has bluetooth on their laptop knows how hard it is to pair their mouse with their distro. They probably have read multiple howto's on the subject with little or no success. Well in this 'how to' I'm going to show you how I got my laptop to talk to a non-Microsoft/Logitech bluetooth mouse. I am personally running Gentoo, so the actual unpacking/installing of each file will be left up to the user and their distro. I would highly recommend that IF you are doing a fresh install of a distro that you tell it to include bluetooth support (go through it and select EVERY option for bluetooth). If you are doing a patch, then go into your .config file and edit the 'BT' section then recompile your kernal, I'll just go over here and wait while you do that.....

Last edited by XavierP; 04-04-2006 at 04:04 PM.

Old 10-28-2006, 05:47 AM   #2
zimon

Rep: Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoUse4ANick
This thread is to discuss the article titled:
Bluetooth on a Dell 600m laptop
I'd rather have authorization and encryption on, also with mouse and especially with a bluetooth keyboard.

The changes I need to make to the instructions of the article above, in hcid.conf file are these:

security auto;
# instead of user

lm accept,master;
# instead of just accept

auth enable;
encrypt enable;

Connecting the mouse works first time by pressing the "pairing button" on the mouse (in the bottom of my Epox mouse) and right after that on the host:
# hidd --search
...it should find the mouse HW bluetooth address and will ask a PIN code in a dialog window (the PIN code for my EPoX Bluetooth mouse is "1234")

Latter times the mouse will autoreconnect after the sleep mode just by clicking the left or the right mouse button.

After that, the connection looks something like this:
$ hcitool con
Connections:
< ACL 00:04:61:XX:XX:XX handle 40 state 1 lm MASTER AUTH ENCRYPT

Last edited by zimon; 10-28-2006 at 05:50 AM.