LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > SUSE / openSUSE
User Name
Password
SUSE / openSUSE This Forum is for the discussion of Suse Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2017, 09:44 AM   #1
Crb999

Distribution: Suse Linux 42.2 Now 15.1

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Repository 'KDEapps' is invalid.

Hi All,

I'm running a Dell Optiplex 780, 1Tb HD 8Gb RAM linked by wifi to British Telecom hub and using samba to a win machine.

When I issue a command, to get and install, I always get a warning shown below:
Code:
crb999@linux-dxa1:~> sudo apt-get install BackupPC
crb999's password:
Retrieving repository 'KDEapps' metadata ................................[error]
Repository 'KDEapps' is invalid.
[KDEapps|http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Applications/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Please check if the URIs defined for this repository are pointing to a valid repository.
Warning: Skipping repository 'KDEapps' because of the above error.
Retrieving repository 'Packman' metadata .................................[done]
Building repository 'Packman' cache ......................................[done]
Retrieving repository 'Main Update Repository' metadata ..................[done]
Building repository 'Main Update Repository' cache .......................[done]
Retrieving repository 'Packman Repository' metadata ......................[done]
Building repository 'Packman Repository' cache ...........................[done]
Retrieving repository 'packman' metadata .................................[done]
Building repository 'packman' cache ......................................[done]
Some of the repositories have not been refreshed because of an error.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
'BackupPC' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
No provider of 'BackupPC' found.
Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.
crb999@linux-dxa1:~>
I didn't expect to install that program, I just used it because it was safe to use.

Clearly, somewhere in a list on my machine is the call to get 'KDEapps'!

This is wrong, so we are told, but how do I deal with it, update it, eliminate it, correct it?

Regards

Chris

Old 03-16-2017, 10:15 AM   #2
petelq

Distribution: openSUSE(Leap and Tumbleweed) and a (not so) regularly changing third and fourth

The correct address is .../repositories/KDE:/Applications/KDE_Frameworks5_openSUSE_Leap_42.2/.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:08 PM   #3
Crb999

Original Poster
Thanks petelq, but I don't explicitly tell Linux where to find these repositories so where do I go to correct the faulty script?

Regards

Chris

Old 03-16-2017, 03:15 PM   #4
petelq

Distribution: openSUSE(Leap and Tumbleweed) and a (not so) regularly changing third and fourth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crb999 View Post
Thanks petelq, but I don't explicitly tell Linux where to find these repositories so where do I go to correct the faulty script?

Regards

Chris
You can use Yast2>Software repositories or zypper. Do man zypper or zypper help for instructions if you prefer the zypper route but yast is quicker and easier.

edit: I wasn't aware you could use apt in opensuse so I've learnt something. You may be able to do it with apt but I wouldn't know how.

Last edited by petelq; 03-16-2017 at 03:18 PM. Reason: add the apy bit

Old 03-17-2017, 07:40 AM   #5
John VV
LQ Muse

Rep: Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651
just HOW did you install the KDE repo ?

i am guessing that this was from a old install that was upgraded

but for that you do need to use zypper

one way and not the best would be to edit the repo file in
/etc/zypp/repos.d/

Old 03-17-2017, 09:05 AM   #6
Crb999

Original Poster
I installed 42.1 some time ago in 2016 from disk and upgraded to 42.2 on line at the turn of this year.

I will look at /etc/zypp/repos.d/

If I can make sense of it I'll try and edit.

You mentioned earlier that

/repositories/KDE:/Applications/KDE_Frameworks5_openSUSE_Leap_42.2/.

Would be what I needed.

If that fits into repos.d I'll be pleased.

Regards

Chris

Old 03-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #7
petelq

I still think Yast is easiest. Select 'Software repositories', select the wrong entry, click on the edit button and add the missing info in the appropriate place.
Click OK and it's done.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:19 AM   #8
Crb999

Original Poster
Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen.

That's sorted

Regards to all

Chris