LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Debian
User Name
Password
Debian This forum is for the discussion of Debian Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2015, 10:50 AM   #1
kryddolf
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Question Laptop lid / suspend problem

Hello!

I have a problem, I cant get my laptop to suspend when closing the lid. I've so far only tried the System Setting -> Power Management, and told it to suspend when I'm running on battery. But no effect.

However, in /usr/share/applications I can see that there are two power managers, one called "Power" and the other called "Power Management". Could it be that these to are overriding each other? What to do?

Old 11-25-2015, 11:30 AM   #2
kryddolf
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Managed to remove one of them, now I only have "Power Management", it seems to be the most elaborate of the two. But the problem remains. Can also add that Im using Debian 8 Cinnamon.